Specific Program Objectives
In addition to the Comprehensive Objectives, students completing the Bachelor of Arts in Church Ministry (Worship Emphasis) will be able to do the following:
- Articulate a biblical philosophy of worship and integrate practical and biblical knowledge of using music in worship.
- Accurately read, write, and perform music demonstrating ability through performance and composition as it applies to a church setting.
- Describe the history of music in worship that shows a knowledge of the Word of God, of music and worship history.
- Express a biblical, prophetic and intercessory theology and history of worship.
- Effectively utilize the necessary character, leadership skills, and musical proficiency required of a worshiper and a worship leader.
BIBLICAL/THEOLOGICAL STUDIES 42 hours
BIB 103 Christian Character Development
BIB 113 Biblical Principles of Intercession
BIB 123 New Testament Survey
BIB 133 Old Testament Survey
BIB 213 Old Testament Prophets
BIB 223 Basic Theology I
BIB 233 Basic Theology II
BIB 303 Biblical Basis of Church Leadership
BIB 313 Biblical Foundations of Worship
BIB 323 Synoptic Gospels
BIB 333 Pauline Epistles I
BIB 343 Pauline Epistles II
6 hours Biblical / Theological Studies Electives
GENERAL STUDIES 39 hours
ENG 113 English Composition I
ENG 123 English Composition II
GEN 113 Fundamentals of Speech
GEN 213 Sociology
HIS 113 U.S. History
HIS 123 U.S. Government
HIS 133 World History
HIS 143 Contemporary History
HIS 313 Global Society
MAT 223 College Algebra
SCI 223 Earth Science
SCI 263 General Biology
3 hours General Studies Electives
PROFESSIONAL STUDIES 49 hours
WOR 201 Worship Practicum
WOR 213 Musical Theory for Worship 1
WOR 223 Musical Theory for Worship 2
WOR 233 Introduction to Worship Ministry
WOR 243 History of Music and Worship
WOR 313 Song Writing
WOR 323 Worship Team Leadership
WOR 333 Spirit Led Worship
WOR 453 Worship Internship
PED 203 Introduction to Christian Education
And 24 credits chosen from approved CHD, INT, or MIN courses
CHRISTIAN SERVICE 6 hours
6 hours of the following
CSP 111 Christian Service
- If a student does not demonstrate the basic aptitude in Music Theory, he/she must complete an assigned curriculum before enrolling in Worship courses.
- Prior to graduation, students must demonstrate proficiency in guitar or piano as well as in singing. This may require the student to take private lessons at his expense.