To be admitted to the ADVANCE Program the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have completed at least 50 credit hours from a regionally or nationally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) on all prior academic work.
- Submit an Application Form.
- Make payment of the nonrefundable $25 Application Fee.
- Have the following two Reference Forms filled out and returned directly to the university:
- Arrange for official transcripts in sealed envelopes to be sent directly from all institutions previously attended.
- Be 25 years of age or older (recommended).
Any applicant not meeting the above stated requirements may petition for consideration by the Admissions Committee.
- Complete the Application Form.
- Send application and $25 Application Fee to the ADVANCE Program Office.
- Complete and sign the student portion of the two Reference Forms. Give Reference Forms to two references. Request that references be sent directly to the ADVANCE Program Office.
- Send a Request for Official Transcript to each college or university previously attended. Send the appropriate transcript fee to the respective institutions. (Check with the registrar from each institution for the actual fee amount, if required, BEFORE mailing transcript requests.)
- Fill out CDC Worksheet – At some time during the first semester make an appointment with the ADVANCE Program Office to schedule an appointment for a CDC review. – Meet with an ADVANCE Advisor to estimate the number of credit units that may be earned by Credit by Demonstrated Competency (CDC). (Unnecessary if a student transfers 76 or more credit hours to FFCU toward graduation and meets all General Education and elective credit requirements.)