Family of Faith Christian University was founded by the decree of the Holy Spirit for the purpose of educating, discipling, and training laborers for the Kingdom of God. FFCU equips students, or laborers, spiritually, academically, and practically to accomplish the Great Commission through effective service in churches, Christian schools, and businesses. FFCU exists to provide higher education and training in the unique environment of the New Testament pattern of church government. This government and oversight, both in churches and in the university, is provided by apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers working as members of teams bound together in deep covenant relationships.
In order to accomplish its mission, FFCU has designed institutional goals so that each student will be prepared for a life of dedication and service to God. These goals incorporate growth in the student’s mental abilities, professional abilities, personal character, and spiritual life. Upon completion of his studies, each student will be able to do the following:
- Know the Word of God, have a sound theology, and be equipped to grow as a disciple of Christ in building the Kingdom of God.
- Be professionally educated and trained in a specific field of study and be ready to function in a church, a Christian school, or a business.
- Have a general education that will complement the specific chosen field of study.
- Reflect the character of the revealed Christ through a devoted and selfless life in both vocational performance and daily living.
- Function in the New Testament church according to the five-fold ministry church government pattern while exemplifying one’s understanding of authority and submission.
- Desire to go to the nations to build, to intercede, and to advance the Kingdom of God in all the earth.
- Follow each instruction given by the Holy Spirit just as demonstrated by Christ in obedience to the Father.
The university’s academic programs are designed to enable students to achieve FFCU’s Institutional Goals by achieving the following Comprehensive Objectives and Specific Program Objectives unique to each program:
- Exercise proficiency in grammar, mechanics, and usage in speaking and writing.
- Articulate a Biblical worldview as it applied to historical events, contemporary issues, and a worldwide penetration of the gospel.
- Demonstrate the basic scientific and mathematical skills needed to function in today’s society.
- Identify the principles of Christian character development.
- Know the books of the Bible, their contents, and their backgrounds.
- Identify and comprehend the fundamentals of Christian doctrine.
- Identify and exhibit the principles of intercession.
- Prove their commitment to interceding for the community and the world.
- Demonstrate their ability to hear and obey the Holy Spirit.