Specific Program Objectives
Students completing the Certificate in Church Ministry will be able to do the following:
1. Interpret and exegete the Word of God as he ministers the Word through preaching and teaching.
2. Articulate and model a biblical philosophy of leadership, vital church ministries, and ethical issues.
3. Identify the principles of Christian character development.
4. Know the contents of the books of the Bible and their backgrounds.
5. Identify and comprehend the fundamentals of Christian doctrine.
6. Identify and exhibit the principles of intercession.
BIBLICAL / THEOLOGICAL STUDIES 36 hours
BIB 103 Christian Character Development
BIB 113 Biblical Principles of Intercession
BIB 123 New Testament Survey
BIB 133 Old Testament Survey
BIB 213 Old Testament Prophets
BIB 223 Basic Theology I
BIB 233 Basic Theology II
BIB 303 Biblical Basis of Church Leadership
BIB 313 Biblical Foundation of Worship
BIB 323 Synoptic Gospels
BIB 333/343 Pauline Epistles I or II
3 hours Biblical / Theological Studies Elective
PROFESSIONAL STUDIES 24 hours
MIN 203 Homiletics
MIN 213 Evangelism
MIN 303 Introduction to Modern Missions
MIN 313 Church Planting
MIN 413 Comparative Religions
MIN 423 Pastoral Ministry
MIN 433 Christian Ethics
3 hours Professional Studies Elective
CHRISTIAN SERVICE 4 hours
4 hours of the following
CSP 111 Christian Service